Junior Technical Engineer
InsiteOne is seeking creative problem solvers and individuals who can think outside the box in a technical environment undergoing rapid change. As a Junior Engineer, you will rotate through technical departments and gain experience in product support, field operations, professional services, datacenter operations, and artificial intelligence (ML training and algorithm application).
InsiteOne operates public and private cloud-centric big data archive and artificial intelligence services to the healthcare industry. Applicants will be exposed to and expected to absorb technologies and concepts relevant to operating on a large production scale in those environments while handling sensitive medical information. While this is an entry level position and applicants will receive training, demonstrable aptitude is a prerequisite.
Two years of production experience or equivalent years of education and training is a requirement.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting aptitude with modern technologies.
- Customer service posture and mentality with direct interaction with clients.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- On call after hours support rotation.
- In-office handling of datacenter equipment.
- Limited travel within the United States (< 20%)
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Basic experience with modern production server operating systems (Linux, windows)
- Comprehension of general internet networking concepts (IP, DNS, routing, VPN)
- Comprehension of local networking concepts (DHCP, NAT/firewall, load balancing, switching)
- Basic experience with one or more configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- Training/certification or experience with Google Cloud Platform ecosystem
- Training/certification or experience with VMWare basic ecosystem (VCenter/ESXi)
- Experience with DELL server class hardware (R series, M series, networking)
- Experience with DELL storage hardware (Compellent)
- Scripting/interpreted language experience. (Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Radiology and healthcare specific protocols (DICOM, HL7, HL7 FHIR)
- Machine learning technologies (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Database administration or database architecture
- Container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)